COMM Lab coaches work one-on-one with undergraduate and graduate students to practice delivering presentations for classes, 3MT and academic conferences. The lab also offers personalized instruction to students experiencing communication apprehension or "stage fright". Each 30 minute appointment will include one-on-one instruction with a trained presentation coach.
The COMM Lab
COMM Lab appointments take place at Alkek Library, in room 304.
1. Make an appointment online (see "Schedule an Appointment" below).
2. Prepare your presentation and any visuals you will use before coming to the
Lab. Coaches primarily assist with delivery, not writing.
3. Come to the Lab and deliver your presentation. Your performance will be
4. Review the presentation with your COMM Lab coach to receive feedback and polish your delivery.
5. If you require accommodations due to a disability in order to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance of the event.
The COMM Lab is equipped with a computer and projector for use in delivering oral presentations. If you would like to practice with a Powerpoint, a DVD, or other media, please indicate "Yes" when setting an appointment. Bring with you the information on a flash drive, data CD or DVD to your appointment.
Open the Confirmation Email you received when you made your appointment. Click the "Change your appointment" link to cancel or modify your appointment.
Please note that due to high demand and schedule availability, students who are five minutes late or more will have their appointment time given to another student and will need to reschedule.